August 9 – 16, 2020
Alberta Local Food Week continues this year with the third annual celebration. While the pandemic has changed how we are able to celebrate this year, it is more important than ever to highlight the importance of our local food system. We are excited to announce a province wide contest to promote Local Food Week. Customers are asked to:
- Shop at an Alberta Farmers’ Market
- Purchase products from Alberta producers
- Take pictures of what you create with your purchased fare.
- Share it on Instagram or Facebook with these three (3) things:
- Follow and Tag @instaafma on Instagram or @albertafarmersmarket on Facebook, as well as the participating farmers’ market
- Description of what you are enjoying tagging all the vendors
Winning customers will receive cash prizes. Vendors highlighted will be promoted in social media and our website and the winning market will receive one entry to our next conference! Please help us promote this great contest by sharing the following poster with your vendors, customers and on social media!
Use Facebook and Instagram to promote the week with the hashtag #ablocalfood. We are also encouraging everyone to visit our new Alberta Local Food Website. This website will include all market events as well as farm events.
Local Food Week Full Contest Rules